Saturday, August 21, 2010

Six Going on Twenty-Six

The Setting
The master bathroom shower.

(I promise, this is totally G-rated. It's a family blog.)

The Players
Steve, overseeing Andrew's shower before bedtime
Andrew


Andrew: Dad, can I use your soap instead of the kid soap? Then I'll smell like you.

Steve: Sure.

Andrew: Can I use your shampoo, too?

Steve: Well, you can, but if you get any in your eyes, it will really sting.

Andrew (considering): How much?

Steve (knowing Andrew's ridiculously low tolerance for even the barest discomfort to his orbitals): Kind of a lot.

Andrew: OK. I'll use the kid shampoo on my hair. And your soap on my skin. Then I'll smell like half a man and half a boy!

1 comment:

  1. HA! You should submit that to Reader's Digest and win the big bucks. Very funny. (There are people that read the Digest....)

    ReplyDelete