Saturday, August 28, 2010

He's a Grader!

When I was in kindergarten, all I wanted was to be a "Grader" (as in student in first grade, second grade, etc.) "Kindergartner" didn't sound very grown-up to me, but being a "Grader" represented the ultimate in maturity and sophistication.

Now my own little guy has joined the ranks of the glamorous ones. On Wednesday Andrew started first grade. When I asked him if he was excited to be a "Grader," he looked at me and said, "Huh?"

So I explained to him the prestige (in my mind, anyway) associated with being in a "grade" instead of just "kindergarten." And he looked deep into my eyes and said, "Huh?"

Sheesh. Maybe Adam will be my kindred spirit in this in a couple years.

Just the same, Andrew is happy to start a new school year. Here are some pictures of him on the first day of school. A certain pushy little sister (who is becoming something of a camera hog) insisted on being in each and every frame.




"The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge; the ears of the wise seek it out."
Proverbs 18:15

No comments:

Post a Comment