Monday, August 30, 2010

Monster Mama

I love my mini-van. I love the automatic doors. I love the (oh-so wipeable) leather seats. I love the separate temperature controls, which have saved my marriage over and over again. I super-duper love the heated seats -- yes, even in the Carolinas. And I am not afraid to use them in April if it's still a little chilly.

The kids have their own captain's chairs. No one touches anyone else. Everyone has his own space with cup holders and snack holders. It's a far, luxurious cry from Ye Olde Moonmobile -- the 1985 2-toned blue 8-passenger Dodge van I was crammed into growing up with my 5 sibs.

My sweet husband has worked hard so that his family can have such a nice ride. I, for one, am totally appreciative. So I was a little surprised to have the following conversation with Adam this morning on our way to the gym:

Adam: Moooooooom? (We're working on the whining. Really. But he's just not getting it.)

Me: Yes?

Adam: This car isn't good.

Me: What?! This is a great car!

Adam: No. This (gestures here) and this (gestures there) isn't good. Why didn't you get another car?

(Let me interject here that we got this van before Adam was even born. So I'm not sure why the only car he's ever known is suddenly such a problem for him.)

Me: What car should we have gotten? (I'm expecting him to say he wants a sweet tricked-out Suburban like he just rode to the beach in with Poppa and Gangee...it's the only thing I can think of.)

Adam: Why didn't you get a monster truck?

Me: Speechless.

**Post to follow: "Top Ten Reasons I Do Not Drive a Monster Truck"**

2 comments:

  1. Davis would want to be part of your family if you drove around in a Monster Truck.... now that would be cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could totally see you driving a monster truck! :-)

    ReplyDelete