Friday, October 29, 2010

A Tale of Two Two-Year-Olds

When I was two, I was an only child. I lived on a quiet cul-de-sac with my mom and dad. My mom wore rockin' orange-printed bellbottoms (I'm betting polyester). I rode a little red tricycle. It was just my speed.


Oh, and my mom dressed me like a Cold War-era Eastern bloc grandmother. But I digress.


Now I have a little two-year-old of my own. She has two big brothers. She lives on a very lively cul-de-sac that is absolutely crawling with kids -- mostly boys. Her mom wears a standard uniform of crew-neck cotton tee shirts (long-sleeved in winter!), jeans, and flats.

But a little red tricycle is way too tame for this two-year-old. She prefers to ride her big brother's big red bike. It's the only way to keep up with "the guys."


She's amazingly good at it!


I bet in 30 years she'll be making cracks about how her mom dressed her, though.


2 comments:

  1. What a sweet Cold War Eastern blog grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a big girl! I guess that's what happens when you have two older brothers to keep up with, huh?

    Libby and Molly can make cracks on how their mothers dressed them together--Molly has that same outfit. :-)

    ReplyDelete