Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Spooktacular

Have I mentioned how much I love the ages of our kids right now? I got so hyped up about Halloween this year! All three of the kids get it this year. We've had fun talking about it, planning costumes, and counting down the days to the big night.

This year I decided to do a full-out Halloween dinner menu for the kids. I knew I would do "Mummy Dogs" for the main dish and "Boo Cups" for dessert, but I was stumped for sides. I found an idea online about cutting potato slices with cookie cutters and frying them, so I tried it but had very low expectations. Can I just say, YUM? We had pumpkin- and acorn-shaped "french fries," and they turned out great! And Adam, our creative one, asked if we could cut green peppers to look like jack-o-lanterns. What a cute idea! Thanks, Adam!



With their tummies full, the kids were ready to put on their costumes and go trick-or-treating. If you're wondering why their faces look so sad and unexcited, so am I. ??? Seriously, they look like the dog just died or something.


Ninjas brandishing their swords



Libby wearing her Raggedy Ann costume (taken off her life-sized doll!)


And...HOW CUTE IS THIS? Since we have two life-sized Raggedy Ann dolls, Libby and Ella were both able to dress up in the outfits! Libby is wearing 2010 Raggedy Ann, and Ella is wearing 1976 Raggedy Ann, which I wore for Halloween when I was two! I could just gobble these two up.

Favorite quote of the night?

Me: Libby, what did you get for Halloween?
Libby: Scared!

No comments:

Post a Comment