Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Santa Closet's Coming to Town

It's that time of year. The tree is up, Mom is up to her ears in unfinished Christmas projects, and Adam can be heard earnestly practicing for his preschool Christmas concert:

"Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all da WAY!
Oh what IS it is to FUN in a one more soapin' SWEIGH!"


On Sunday the children at church did a mini-program for Christmas. Andrew got to dress up as a shepherd and give the introduction to one of the songs.


Here is the only decent group shot I could get. Our camera doesn't like the lighting at our church. What cute kids we have in our congregation! Andrew is dressed in his red shepherd's outfit on the right. If you look for argyle in the middle of the picture, that is Adam. He was dressed as a reluctant Southern boy wearing what his mama made him wear to church. He was adorable, if I do say so myself. And frankly I don't really care what he was wearing. I was just relieved that he did not end up sprawled on his face in a giant pile of dirt and poinsettia leaves in the middle of the program.

Andrew with his buddies Seth and Michael before the program.


In other Christmas news, Libby is terrified that "Santa Closet" will come to her house. A large, strange man with a beard showing up at her door yelling, "Where's Libby? Ho Ho Ho!"? That's the stuff of all her greatest fears rolled into one. Poor Libby has been walking around mumbling her new mantra over and over: "Mommy and Daddy and God keep me safe Santa Closet...Santa Closet not come Bibby's house." Good old Santa Closet is up there with spiders in Libby's book.

One thing Libby does like about the Christmas season: Christmas music! She loves helping me and Adam practice his preschool songs at the piano. And I am so happy to have a little person sitting so sweetly next to me on the piano bench.


2 comments:

  1. Awwww.....poor Libby! I can understand how "Santa Closet" is scary to little kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, how do you get a child to just sit nicely on the piano bench while you play?? That has NEVER, in ten years, worked for me! As soon I as attempt to put my fingers to the keys, the song instantly turns into a cacophonous duet -- or more, with as many hands banging on it as are in the house. Needless to say, my playing time has been minimal this decade.

    Libby's Santa Closet reassurance mantra cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete