Monday, December 6, 2010

Gingerbread House

Beppie brought the kids a gingerbread house kit! After several days of patiently waiting begging to put it together at completely inappropriate/impossible times and whining when I told them no, the kids were thrilled to build the gingerbread house tonight!

Here it is:


Adam was so proud that the candy design on the roof matched on both sides. He is so artistic and particular about it! I love that about him.



Adam's chief delight: "Look, Mom! The gingerbread man has a mean face! Ah ha ha ha ha ha!"

(Mr. Gingerbread does look rather ticked off. I imagine he is yelling at the kids to stop riding their bikes through his yard. Rather ironic that he's standing on a doormat that says "JOLLY," though!)


I can't believe the house turned out so cute! However, I won't lie...it was an interesting time "building" a rather fragile house with sugary icing, tiny bits of candy, a tired two-year-old, and two somewhat wobbly little boys hyped up on high fructose corn syrup and Christmas emotion. I am now going to spend the rest of my evening breathing into a paper bag.

4 comments:

  1. Ah yes, the process is never quite as sweet and Rockwell-esque as it looks like it will be. Impressive results, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out so good!! I'm totally impressed! Every time we make one it comes out more...um...artistic?? than that. Good job Nichols family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and just think, in a few days, you'll have a second "house" that he will make at preschool! Don't volunteer to help that day! LOL! However, the one above looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Your gingerbread man reminds me of the gingerbread man on Sherk! :-)

    ReplyDelete