Thursday, February 25, 2010

Are Those Flashing Lights in My Rearview Mirror?

Holy smokes. It's the Grammar Police! And they are after me. I was just idly re-reading my "About Me" section on this blog. To my shock and embarrassment, I realized I had written, "I keep this blog for a couple different reasons." And then I proceeded to list three reasons.

As most people in the English-speaking world (and certainly all former members of Mr. Webb's 8th-grade English class and most definitely *cough cough* former English teachers) know, "couple" means two, not three.

I am properly horrified with myself. Even more so because that error was out there for almost three months -- a few months, not a couple months.

Lieutenant Lexicon and Officer Oxymoron let me go with a warning and a promise to fix the problem immediately (I did). They knew I'd be harder on myself than they could ever be.

Oh, the shame.


2 comments:

  1. Ha ha that's something most people would never notice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your posts make me laugh. And yes, I do think that thanks to Mr. Webb's 8th grade English class, I am much more in tune with English grammar than I probably care to be. I better be on the look out for the grammar police myself!

    ReplyDelete