Friday, September 11, 2009

Big Weekend, Part II: There Went the Bride

Life has certainly been a little over-the-top lately (in a good way). Andrew has started kindergarten, Adam has started preschool, and Libby has started practicing for her terrible two's. And I've discovered that I have a little case of "lunchbox righteousness." I imagine everyone at Andrew's school is terribly concerned with the contents of his lunchbox. I want to be sure his lunches say, "Look, I have a mom who is concerned that I am getting a nutritious lunch (heavy on the fruits and veggies), 2 snacks, and drink, but who is also hip and caring enough to throw in a Star-Wars-themed thermos and some good chocolate pudding." It can be a little stressful, making sure Andrew's lunches project a true picture of our family values without causing him any undue social awkwardness. In addition to all that, we've begun a minor redecoration project which really has become major just by virtue of having to work around/under/behind three little would-be "helpers." So I've not really had time for things like cleaning the house, preparing meals that don't go in lunchboxes, and keeping up with the electronic record of our life and times.

But I did not want any more time to pass without saying "Congratulations" to the newlyweds, my sister Lindsay and my new brother-in-law Kyle. It's about time you two made Murray legitimate. Lindsay and Kyle had a gorgeous wedding almost two weeks ago. They are in the enviable position of having more friends (and sisters, in Lindsay's case) than they can count, so they had 163 people in their bridal party.

OK, OK, I'm exaggerating. It was only 20. See? Under normal circumstances, you would be shocked at a bridal party of 20. Who on earth would have 10 bridesmaids and 10 groomsmen? But now, after thinking it was 163, 20 seems reasonable, right? I'm clever that way.

Rehearsal dinner photo of Lindsay and her bridesmaids...minus one! Wow, that's a lot of girls crowded into one picture...

So Lindsay and Kyle, attended by a ginormous number of witnesses, spoke their vows on a gorgeous summer Carolina evening in a beautiful garden. And then they had a par-tay. It was so fun to see all our friends and relatives gathered from afar for this happy occasion. And big ups to Lindsay for choosing what is probably the only bridesmaid dress I have ever worn (and there have been many) that could actually be worn again. I speak truth to all you doubting Thomasinas who are reading this. I don't know exactly where I will wear it, but I will wear it. Perhaps to Harris Teeter. Perhaps to the preschool pickup line. Or maybe to Andrew's parent-teacher conference. I do have an image to uphold.

Congratulations, Lindsay and Kyle! May your marriage bring you much joy.

3 comments:

  1. You should wear it to church!!! Would love to see you in it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very beautiful bride! Come on now, we all want to see a picture of the dress, otherwise you will HAVE to wear it to drop Adam off at preschool so I can see it...HA

    ReplyDelete
  3. For shame, for shame! Mentioning a beautiful dress that you will absolutely wear again and then refusing to post a picture of said dress. Oh, are you going to monogram it first? :-)

    I'm right there with you on the lunch boxes - going on 4 years now. Only I'm more concerned with healthy so the teachers don't think I feed the kids crap. Maybe I should be a little more aware of what the other kids say and add some treats, too?? Hee hee hee

    ReplyDelete