Wednesday, August 19, 2009

La Petite Cousine

Aunt Abby and baby cousin Mary Caroline are in town. Yesterday they stopped by to visit and see the kids and exchange some clothing and get a bridesmaid dress altered...but mainly so I could get my hands on that baby. It was fun seeing how Mary Caroline has changed since we saw her at Easter. She was pretty much still a lump then. A sweet, snuggly little lump. Now she is such a little person -- so alert and interactive. MC was sleeping when she first got here. Poor little thing woke up in her carseat to find two strange little boy cousins with their noses approximately 3 inches from hers...and she just smiled. I would've died of fright had I been in her place. I thought Libby would be all over the baby -- I couldn't wait to get them together -- but Miss L was more interested trying (unsuccessfully) to cram her fat little self into the baby chair we got out for Mary Caroline.

MC was happy to have her picture taken, but Libby was too busy investigating all the baby paraphernalia. We did manage to snap one miraculous shot of both girls with Grandma Betsy before Libby was off and running. They may be teenagers before that happens again!


1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! You forgot to mention Adam's comment when I carried her into your house: "Where'd you get that baby?"
    Love, Abby

    ReplyDelete