Saturday, August 15, 2009

Tender Moments

Just in from a wonderful women's brunch with the other ladies at church. Wearing a casual summer skirt. The boys and Libby are wrestling around on the floor with Steve playing "THE CLAW." I get down on the floor to join in.

"Hey, Adam, want to fly?" I ask. He nods enthusiastically. I position my bare feet on his tummy, hold his hands, and lift him into the air. He giggles and holds out his arms like Superman. His eyes are sparkling. I know we are bonding and that on a deep level, his little boy's heart is connecting with mine.

"Hey, Mom?" he says.

"What, Superman?" I ask, thinking how he's going to tell me this is a memory he'll cherish forever and how much he appreciates what a hands-on (or feet-on, in this case) mom I'm being.

"I see your UNDERPANTS!!!! Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

2 comments:

  1. HA! This made me laugh out loud. That kid is too funny! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always and ever your predictably unpredictable joke-ster! :-)

    ReplyDelete