Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Merry Christmas: Why Nothing Will Ever Get Done at My House Again

Ho ho ho! For Christmas (2008) Santa brought me an embroidery machine! Only, Santa didn't actually bring it...he told me to pick one out for myself. And, it wasn't actually Santa...it was my parents and in-laws and husband. But it was actually for Christmas. Did I mention 2008? For some reason adding a third child to our family last year started out really easy. Much easier than adding a second baby, which just about knocked me on my...ahem. But after the first few months with three, things just got a little hairy. Laundry. ER trips. Helmets. Appointments. Wiping ill-purchased tables and chairs. Sleepless nights. Early mornings. Finding time just to go to the grocery store (sans children, thank you very much) can be just about impossible...forget researching and shopping for that embroidery machine.

Finally, though, when Steve took last Friday off work, Libby and my mom and I went out on a quest: to get my Christmas present. In July. But whatever. And I came home with this beauty:



So now anything in my house that will stand still long enough is going to be personalized. I think I would monogram the dog if she could fit in the embroidery hoop. The only sad thing is that now some of Libby's clothes monogrammed EJN won't be able to be passed down to cousin Mary Caroline. Unless Aunt Abby would consider a name change? Edna Jolene? Eustacia Janine? Ervine Jemima? Come on, Abby...just look what you're missing out on:






Isn't this adorable? My mom made it. I could just eat it up.

Yep, Mom made this one, too...

1 comment:

  1. Wow Alison! Between you and your mom, you could go into business! That is a really cool Christmas gift ~ and you got to drag Christmas 08 half way through the year, you won't have to wait so long to get your Christmas 09 gift ~ but what could possibly top this.

    Have fun monogramming!

    ReplyDelete