Saturday, February 21, 2009

Conspiracy Theory

Here's mine. The only part of this I haven't figured out is how these two are communicating. Smoke signals? The smoke alarms didn't go off. Plus, I think the kids only use those to contact the neighbor kids. Mental telepathy? Really not part of my belief system. My best guess is that Adam has somehow installed a speaking tube system between his closet and Libby's. He has the mechanical skills, and it would certainly explain all the banging around up there after we put him to bed each night. Anyway, on to the conspiracy...

Setting: Nichols' house, wee hours Friday night/Saturday morning.
Players: Adam and Libby

Adam: Pssst...Libby, you awake?
Libby: Yeah, teething's keeping me up.
A: Want to mess with Mom's and Dad's minds again?
L: You know it. They stayed up late to watch Psych, so this is a good night for it.
A: Yeah, they'll be really tired. (chuckles evilly) All right. What should we do?
L: Well, you could wet the bed and start crying about it.
A: Nah, just did that not too long ago. Let's keep it fresh.
L: We should definitely tag team them.
A: Yep. How 'bout I start crying and "accidentally" wake you up?
L: (whining) Noooo...I want to go first.
A: You are such a baby. Fine. You cry a little, just enough to wake me, and then you pretend to go back to sleep. Just when they think everything's settled, I'll run into Mom and Dad's room and cheerfully yell, "Wake up, sleepyheads!"
L: Yeah, then start crying and make a big deal out of it when they tell you it's still night time. Then I'll pretend you woke me up again and really cry.
A: Be sure you make Mom get up to make you a bottle, but don't actually take it when she offers it to you. That'll make her crazy. As soon as she puts you back to bed, I'll start yelling at the top of my lungs again. (rubbing his hands together gleefully) They might even let me into their bed!
L: (giggling uncontrollably) Oh, oh, and I'm going to say "Mama" and grin and make kissy noises to make Mom feel guilty for being mad about missing sleep.
A: Ready? Let's do this thing.

And so it went.




2 comments:

  1. And to think they're how old??? Just wait until they are older and the conspiracy gets even more intricate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherree says this is GREAT!!!! I don't know how you come up with all this, but you really do need to write a book. I love it.

    ReplyDelete