Saturday, May 16, 2009

Love It


Steve and I just laugh and laugh at this picture. Tonya, I think this is probably the first you've seen it. This is such a perfect snapshot of Andrew and Josh's "now." Every afternoon the kids on our unbelievably boy-heavy street are out with myriad light sabers and Clone Trooper guns playing with all their hearts. Yes, those would be four, count 'em, four light sabers attached to my son's waistband. Yeah, I don't know how his pants are staying up, either. But I love seeing how earnest the boys are in their play. There is nothing like an earnest little boy. It just gets me here.

That being said, I know, I know, it would be wrong of me to title this picture of my precious, smart, earnest, adorable firstborn and his sweet, loyal, lighthearted best friend "Dorks." So I won't. I will smile over this picture and be thankful that my little guy has friends and health and play and a happy heart.

And I will remember that one day when my son is a teenager and I need some leverage, I have the perfect blackmail.

2 comments:

  1. When they're 25 and still getting together to play lightsabers and recreate episodes of The Clone Wars...then you can title it "Dorks."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post! And I agree -- they're not "dorks" until they're still doing this as adults. :)

    ReplyDelete