Saturday, December 24, 2011

Adam the Six-Year-Old

Adam, you are six now.  Your dad and I cannot believe what a year of unbelievable change this has been for you.  You have come into your own in so many ways, and you make us laugh with your funny little mannerisms and sayings.  You are growing so fast that Andrew is getting nervous.  You are learning to read.  You can make the  /l/ sound (when you want to -- we still have to remind you to do it!) (And I have to admit that I will miss you calling your wittle sister Wibby even though I know we couldn't have wet you go through wife wike that.)  You have all sorts of quirky little interests that absolutely delight me and choke me up all at once.  So, before I tell you "Happy Birthday," I want to capture in print the things that captivate you right now as you turn six:
  • Goons
  • Wallets
  • Rednose the Reindeer
  • State and World Flags
  • Clubs
  • Cutting the Cheese (sigh)
  • All Things Chocolate
  • Legos
  • Anything Andrew's Doing
  • Cleaning Your Room Very Late at Night After Your Father and I Thought You Long Asleep
  • Making Lists (I Wonder Where You Get That)
Happy, happy birthday to our precious wittle little Adam.

1 comment: