Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sick

For those of you who wonder why the only noise you have heard from us on the blog front this past week is the sound of crickets chirping, we've been sick.

All of us. Adam started off the festivities last Tuesday. Steve, the rock of our family, who has not taken a sick day for an actual sickness of his own in the 13+ years I've known him and who never voluntarily naps (I know), came home from work on Thursday and went straight to bed. That's when I knew we were really in trouble. It all went downhill from there.

And while I will not go into details for those of you with weak stomachs (including myself), let's just say this was an, um, eruptive type of illness. The kind that makes for lots of laundry.

In the midst of it all, on my sickest day, Zoe's arthritic back legs went down. So then we were all sick with an elderly, bewildered, paraplegic 80-pound dog. At that point I seriously started to expect one (or both) of our cars to break down and all the major appliances in the house to malfunction.

I don't think we've ever had the whole family sick at once before. I don't care to repeat the experience.

But we are back in business! The house is sanitized (by which I mean clean underneath the mess), the toys are all cloroxed, everyone has fresh sheets (ahhhhh), and Libby is back to eating her weight in graham cracker bees. Even Zoe has miraculously rebounded and is walking around again.

So I am sure that soon I will be back to boring everyone but the grandparents regaling you all with more of the adventures of our thankfully now healthy pirates and petunia.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are all feeling better. We had the same experience with all of mine being sick the week we were getting ready to leave for vacation. I was almost to the point of cancelling our trip. And I know what you mean about sick husbands, Todd came home last Monday afternoon and stayed in bed until Wed morning when he went back to work. And he is still sick. Had to have an Rx called in for him and delivered to the hotel. Bet you can imagine that is going to cost us a pretty penny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear you are all better! Hate when everyone gets it all at the same time. Our last round here with Sam and Chris lasted 2 weeks but thankfully it didn't get everyone. Looking forward to your funny posts!

    ReplyDelete