Monday, June 29, 2009

Star Wars Sleepover

This was a big weekend around here! I went to Charleston to attend my sister Lindsay's bachelorette weekend. Four of us Moon sisters were there; unfortunately Abby was busy moving into her new home and had to miss out. Charleston is such a fun city -- I always love going there! And we got to stay in the Charleston Place hotel, which was a treat. Lindsay's friends did a great job hosting her shower/bachelorette weekend and making everyone welcome. The wedding is not far off now!

The Moon sisters. Yes, they are so tall! Yes, our parents are tall, too! Yes, I am so short! I am aware.


The beautiful bride

All decked out for a night on the town

There was one sad note to my being gone this weekend. I missed out on Andrew's first sleepover. I just hate that. Tonya, Donnie, Steve, and I had been planning for a while to let Andrew and Josh watch the Star Wars movies (the original ones from the 70's and 80's) this summer. We figured it was also time for the boys' first sleepover, and we decided Friday night was the night. Let me tell you, anticipation has been running high around here for weeks. Star Wars AND a sleepover with BFF Josh? Andrew has been beside himself.

I know I should not be surprised by this, being that I am and always have been an 80-year-old in a young woman's body (I have the gimpy hip and history of shingles to prove it), but my little son is 5 years old going on 90. For whatever reason, Andrew got it into his head that he must show up at the sleepover with a PIE. (Don't other kids take Cheetos and Pepsi to these things?) So on Thursday, in the midst of preparing everything for me to be gone all weekend, the boys and I made apple pie...for my son to take to his sleepover. I was actually sort of waiting for Andrew to demand a thermos of coffee to go with it. But, in the name of making everything perfect for the Great Star Wars Sleepover...

And it was. Perfect. The boys had a fabulous time. They watched their movie, ate their popcorn and...pie, slept in a tent, and apparently did a little Bible reading around midnight. ??? Got me. It's just the report I heard. You can see the adorable pictures Tonya took here. Big ups to Tonya and Donnie for braving the night with two hopped up little Star Wars junkies at their first sleepover. Coming soon...The Empire Strikes Back chez Nichols!

4 comments:

  1. You all look beautiful!

    Loved the sleep over pics - what a great memory for the boys. And how funny he wanted to bring a pie...where did he get that from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your sisters look beautiful! I love your dress! Glad the shower was fun! :-)

    Sounds like Andrew had a fun time at his sleepover. Did he like the original movies? I love that he wanted to bring a pie--too cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alison
    I read your blog today and couldn't believe how tall your sisters are. I remember them from your wedding when they were much younger. How time flies.
    I enjoy reading about your family. The last time I saw Andrew he was just a baby! I will have to come to Muncie the next time you are up N.
    Take care
    Aunt B

    ReplyDelete