Friday, June 8, 2012

Another Kindergarten Graduate

Well, Adam has officially made it through kindergarten!  I have to admit that we headed into this year with some trepidation:  Our little Hedgehog has something of a reputation for being unpredictable.  But Adam positively amazed us in kindergarten.  This was his year to blossom!  He couldn't read at all on the first day of school; now he is reading fluently.  He had several little buddies in his class and did well socially.  His math skills are crazy.  (That certainly comes from his dad, not me!)  He came home singing phonics songs every day.  (Sometime ask him to sing the song about the sheep in the jeep.  It's my favorite.)

We went to his graduation ceremony on Wednesday.  Here are a few of my favorite moments from the day:

Standing up and reading a sentence about what he learned in kindergarten.  (It was "In kindergarten I learned to snap my fingers.")  Notice he held his paper upside down.  Classic Adam.  This makes me grin.
                                           

Holding hands and singing.  Adam's face conveys his thoughts about this.

Still reluctant...

Giving the closing words of the ceremony

Adam and Mrs. Nance, the teacher's assistant

Adam and his teacher, Ms. Norcross.  She thought Adam was a star.  I love you for loving my boy, Ms. Norcross!


Congratulations to Adam, our newest kindergarten graduate!

No comments:

Post a Comment