Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Puzzle Mania

This is officially the Summer of the Puzzle for Miss L. We have been hard pressed lately to keep this girl in puzzles!

A while back, I purchased a 6-pack of lenticular puzzles to use as birthday present add-ons for Adam and Libby's little friends. I blithely gifted them left and right, thinking what great presents puzzles make. Then I opened one for Libby. Holy smokes. I didn't realize what "lenticular" meant...it means that the puzzle (and every piece in it!) shows a different picture when it is tilted or when you move your head. They are terrible! I can barely do them...what an awful thing to hand to a three-year-old. "Happy Birthday! Here's a visual nightmare marketed as a puzzle that will bring you (and your mom) to tears!" So apologies to all the kids who received really horrible puzzles from us. Please throw them away if you haven't already. We'll make it up to you next year.

And now the thing is, I have been out in the stores trying to find new puzzles for Libby...and darn if they aren't just about all lenticular! Apparently mommies everywhere need to rise up and revolt. We'll get my friend Jen to lead the cause. I bet she'll write a really scathing letter to the puzzle makers.

However, I did manage to find this two-in-one princess puzzle. Libby is obsessed with putting together the two puzzles and sitting inside the "'ring":


Just like the girl on the box! (No, really...it had better be just like the girl on the box, or I will face L's wrath.)


2 comments:

  1. I may have a few puzzles that Libby might like... I'll have to look and see. Sidney was my puzzle girl ~ she loved them and could do any I put in front of her. Although, I never gave her a lenticular one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You give me the address and I will send my scathing letter. For Libby, and you, and 3 year old kids and mothers everywhere, you know it's on like Donkey Kong!

    ReplyDelete